Please note that Sharp Reflections is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of third party websites to which https://sharpreflections.com or any other Sharp Reflections website, software product, and/or application may link to or from. Nor is Sharp Reflections responsible for the privacy practices of any distributor, Certified Consultant, or other third party having a relationship with Sharp Reflections, except with respect to their authorized activities in processing data on behalf of Sharp Reflections.
To find the Sharp Reflections subsidiary, affiliate, or authorized reseller in your country, see: https://sharpreflections.com/contact.
Sharp Reflections GmbH and Sharp Reflections AS are located at:
Sharp Reflections GmbH
Trippstadter Straße 113
Phone: +49 631 680 320 70
Sharp Reflections AS
Professor Olav Hanssens vei 7
4021 Stavanger, Norway
Phone: +47 5187 4000
Sharp Reflections GmbH
Collection of data
Sharp Reflections collects certain data from visitors and contributors to the Site and through email and other interactions and mechanisms in order to use certain features on the Site or to participate in certain activities. This data depends on your interaction with us and what functionality you use and may include:
- First and last name
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Your password in a hashed form
- Pages visited
- Time, date, and duration of visit
- Browser, device, and operating system you are using
- HTTP headers
- Cookies, web beacons, local and session storage, and conversion tracking
- IP and MAC addresses or other information identifying your computer or device
- Marketing material you choose to receive
- Records of online events attended by you or for which you have registered
- Records of meetings and other personal interactions
- Copies or summaries of communications between you, Sharp Reflections, Sharp Reflections’ partners, and other third parties for the purposes of providing pre- and post-sales support to you
- Resumes, communications, and other information about yourself if you are applying for employment
- Images and videos of you
- Licensing, installation, and product information associated with you as a user
- Records of accepting terms and conditions
- Data for financial and transactional purposes between you and Sharp Reflections
- Any other personal data as may be relevant for the purposes below
You may decide whether or not to provide all or part of the requested data, however, if you choose not to provide all or part of the requested information, you may not be able to access certain functions or pages on the Site, and you may not be able to participate in certain events or obtain certain services.
Certain communications, information, and downloadable files that you have submitted to the Site may be available for third parties to view, download, and comment on, depending on the forum in which you decide to share this information.
Use of data
Sharp Reflections’ purpose in collecting and processing your data is to provide you with access to assets and/or services that you request or that we believe will enhance your experiences with Sharp Reflections and its products. If you have contact with Sharp Reflections as a representative for your organization, Sharp Reflections will process your personal data in order to be able to fulfil Sharp Reflections’ commitment to your organization. We may also use your data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with personalized access to and tailored content on the Site;
- To enable Sharp Reflections to detect and prevent potentially illegitimate or harmful activities on the Site, including inappropriate comments or unlawfully uploaded files;
- To enable you to request and receive information about Sharp Reflections, its events, and its products;
- To enhance your interaction with the Site by storing and subsequently presenting, when you next visit the Site, such data you submit through forms, support services, and other ways for transferring data;
- To facilitate and control access to your personal data;
- To allow you to download and install software, software updates, and trial versions of the software, as well as documentation and other materials made available by Sharp Reflections or other third parties associated with Sharp Reflections;
- To provide accurate threading in the Site’ comment fields and discussion forums;
- To enable you to register for, and to track your participation in a webinar, workshop, and conference, or other event hosted by Sharp Reflections or third parties associated with Sharp Reflections;
- To enable any independent reseller who may be responsible for selling licenses to our software and providing support in your territory to serve you;
- To enable you to submit material for publication on the Site and in other media;
- To provide technical assistance and targeted documentation suited to your particular needs;
- To enable Sharp Reflections to promote its services or the services of its partners and other third parties associated with Sharp Reflections;
- To enable trusted third parties associated with Sharp Reflections to contact you in accordance with your preferences and/or to obtain your consent to communicate with you in accordance with their privacy policies;
- To process an employment application from you;
- To enable Sharp Reflections to evaluate the user experience of the Site and any potential areas for improvement;
- To enable Sharp Reflections to manage its business relationships, such as sales opportunities, commercial offers, and contracts;
- To enable Sharp Reflections to deliver products or materials through postal services, courier companies, and other means of shipping;
- To enable Sharp Reflections to manage its research and development activities, including bug reports, feature requests, feedback on quality, and performance testing;
- To conduct internal audits and investigations;
- To conduct assessments to identify conflicts of interest;
The legal basis on which Sharp Reflections relies for the above use of your data includes:
- Processing of your personal data where you have given consent for one or more specific purposes;
- Processing of your personal data that is necessary for performing a contract to which you are party;
- Processing of your personal data that is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing of your personal data that is necessary for Sharp Reflections to comply with a legal obligation; and
- Processing of your personal data that is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of Sharp Reflections or a third party, except where those interests are overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
Sharp Reflections allows you to restrict email communications you receive from Sharp Reflections through the appropriate links in emails from Sharp Reflections or by contacting the Privacy Manager by email as stated above. Note, as long as you continue to be an end user of, license holder of, or administrator for a license of Sharp Reflections software, or are participating in the process of becoming an end user, license holder, or license administrator, you are not permitted to unsubscribe from or opt-out of emails and messages regarding your software licenses and the transactional processes, changes, updates, and technical and security notices regarding them, or other emails and messages regarding the support, maintenance, and use of the software.
Sharp Reflections uses recognized technology and tools to protect the security of your data. Yet, due to the fact that no security system is impenetrable, Sharp Reflections cannot completely and entirely guarantee the data security of Sharp Reflections’ security systems. If these systems are breached and your data is compromised as a result of this, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the breach and, where appropriate, notify you about which data may have been compromised. Sharp Reflections will also take other steps to address the breach in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Transfer of data
Sharp Reflections GmbH, its affiliates, and subsidiaries are the parties responsible for the management of Sharp Reflections’ jointly-used storage of personal data. Contact information for Sharp Reflections GmbH can be found at the top of this policy. As a global organization, the data you provide to Sharp Reflections may be transferred to or used by affiliates or subsidiaries of Sharp Reflections GmbH and trusted third parties for the purposes described above, including locations outside the European Economic Area, but under the Privacy Shield, such as those listed at: https://sharpreflections.com/contact. Sharp Reflections GmbH has established various safeguards to protect your data such as binding corporate rules and/or approved European Commission contractual clauses.
Data storage retention
All data that is collected will be stored only as long as is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it is collected, or as long as is permitted or required by applicable law. Periodically, Sharp Reflections will review its data processing systems to determine whether or not the purposes for the collection and processing of your data remain valid. That determination will be based on factors that include, but are not limited to, whether or not you are still in contact with Sharp Reflections, whether or not any requests made by you have been fulfilled by Sharp Reflections (including any follow-up tasks), whether or not there is a contractual relationship between you and Sharp Reflections, and whether or not there is a contractual or legal basis for continuing to retain your data. Based on that review and any notifications received from data subjects, Sharp Reflections will update its systems. For more information on the purpose for which information is collected, please see Use of Data.
Cookies, web beacons, local storage, and conversion tracking
The Site makes use of conversion tracking functionality.
Sharp Reflections may also use web beacons on the Site. These are HTML elements, for example images, loaded from a web server passing along an identifier with the load request. Web beacons are used to monitor your navigation when visiting the Site.
Sharp Reflections also uses conversion tracking (also known as tracking links) on the Site or third-party sites to record and transmit which link, element, or component on a webpage was used by you.
Third party tools, sites, and services
Sharp Reflections uses third-party tools including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, salesforce.com, plan.io, Lead Forensics, and MailChimp for the collection, analysis, and/or use of data associated with browsing activity and the type and origin of software and hardware used to engage in that activity. This data is stored on Sharp Reflections’ or the third-party tools’ web servers.
You can prevent these tools from storing and analyzing your browsing history by: disabling cookies and other means of storing data through your browser’ settings; by using the Google Analytics’ Opt-out Browser Add-on available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout; or by using the disabling features supported by other third-party tools.
Sharp Reflections advertises and markets itself, its products, and services on different sites across the internet through using cookies and browsing histories collated and applied by third-party tools that include, but are not limited to, Google Adwords. Most of these third-party tools allow you to opt-out of remarketing and tailored online advertising through using the Do Not Track functionality in your web browser or through other methods specified by your browser and/or the respective third-party tool. In particular, you can opt out of Google’ tailored ad serving by visiting Google’ Ads Settings at: https://google.com/settings/ads. For more information about the privacy policies of Google, Google Adwords, and Google+, please see: https://google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy.
The data collected and stored by these third-party tools is not used by Sharp Reflections to identify you or connect personally identifiable data to you. Further, the providers of these third-party tools are limited in their ability to use and share information they collect by their terms and privacy policies. Aside from the links given above, the tools mentioned in this Policy can be seen at:
For more information on data transfers, please see the Transfer of Data section.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. You have the right to access your personal data and have it corrected if it is wrong or incomplete. You have the right to restrict the processing of your data where the accuracy of your personal data is contested, where the processing is unlawful, and where we no longer need the personal data for the purposes for which we have processed it. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and also restrict its processing in those instances where we undertook processing of it in carrying out a task in the public interest or where necessary for our legitimate interest where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. You have the right to withdraw consent that you have given to the collection and processing of your personal data at any time. If you do withdraw your consent to the collection and processing of your personal data, that withdrawal shall not affect the lawfulness of any processing by us that is based on the consent you have given before you withdrew it. You also have the right to obtain the deletion of your data when it is no longer relevant to the purposes for which it was collected or processed, when you have withdrawn consent and there is no basis for us to continue processing, when you have objected to further processing and there is no compelling interest for continued processing, and when the data was unlawfully processed.
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal affects concerning you or similarly affecting you, except where there is a lawful basis for continued processing. You have the right to receive personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable form for the purpose of data portability in those instances where we process by automated means personal data that you have provided.
These rights may be exercised by using the tools we offer on the Site or by contacting Sharp Reflections GmbH with your specific request through the methods described below. Sharp Reflections will address any such requests in a timely manner. In certain cases, Sharp Reflections may ask you to verify your identity before acting on your request. If you are unsatisfied with Sharp Reflections’ response, you may refer your complaint to the relevant supervisory authority in your jurisdiction.
The Sharp Reflections software and applications and certain of its events and services are subject to additional terms, including, but not limited to, the Sharp Reflections End User License Agreement as provided to you.
Last Revision Date18.05.2018