Prestack Seismic Data Analysis
Intermediate | 4 half days | Online | Hands-on
The Prestack Seismic Data Analysis course covers quantitative interpretation (QI) and practical amplitude analysis. Prestack data analysis using the Sharp Reflections Big Data platform unlocks all collected trace data. You learn how to analyze and interpret your prospects and reservoirs more quantitatively; confidently predicting lithology and fluid-fill. Using the platform’s toolkits, you will gather a unique insight to data quality, with the capability to process and condition seismic for detailed attribute analysis that you will never extract from a stack volume.
In this online hands-on course, you will work with a dataset from the Johan Sverdrup field.
- Introduction to the Johan Sverdrup dataset
- Tuning and Interference
- Layer-based 1.5D modelling
- Synthetics versus Seismic AVA Reflectivity Analysis
- Prestack well ties
- Offset and angle
- AVA attributes
- Seismic health checks
- Enhancing data quality
- Measuring improved quality with AVA attributes
- From interface to layer properties and final Interpretation
- Colored inversion
- Elastic impedance and relative EEI
Exploration and production geoscientists, seismic interpreters, QI geophysicists.
- Exploit the value in prestack seismic data
- Understand the principles of seismic Amplitude-Versus-Offset/Angle and its relationship to rock and fluid elastic properties
- Explore and validate seismic responses with forward modelling
- Review the concept of AVO classes and AVO cross-plots
- Understand the uses of seismic AVO attributes, relative impedance attributes, and pre-stack colored inversion data
- Investigate common sources of error in typical quantitative interpretation workflows (QI), and how they can be avoided with pre-stack techniques
- Step into geology with estimates of layer properties
We recommend that users with no or limited experience in Sharp Reflections Big Data complete the Getting Started course.
General knowledge of geophysics, seismic interpretation and rock physics is recommended.
You will be connecting to the Sharp Reflections cloud. You will need:
- Up-to-date browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
- Stable internet connection (>15MBit/s)
- Microsoft Teams videoconference
- Europe: Mar 13–16, 08:00 CET
- Americas: Mar 27–30, 08:00 CST
- Asia Pacific: Apr 17–20, 06:30 CET
Course fee: EUR 1600 / USD 1760
You will be able to select the class that fits your agenda and time zone when registering.
Back to Training overview.