4D Seismic Analysis
Intermediate | 3 half days | Online
The 4D Seismic Analysis course introduces you to the Sharp Reflections Big Data 4D time lapse analysis functionality. You will learn how to take advantage of the unique multi-dimensional data management capabilities of PreStack Pro to handle seismic vintage as a data type, rapidly interrogate and condition multiple 4D datasets.
With the multi-dimensional functionality, you will learn how to accelerate the identification and mapping of production-induced seismic changes, enabling identification of bypassed oil or poorly drained sections the reservoir. The course aims to familiarize you with matching, differencing and interpreting prestack to stack, baseline and monitor datasets.
In this online hands-on course, you will work on a North Sea dataset.
- Introduction to Johan Sverdrup dataset and available data
- Geology (including porosity, structural setting)
- Reservoir fluids and reservoir production plan
- Seismic character of reflection
- Extended response modelling of 4D seismic using the parametric modeler
- Rock-physics (including pressure + saturation and their effect on Vp, Vs, Rho_b, AI, Vp/Vs)
- Amplitude changes from pressure and saturation changes
- Reservoir time shifts from pressure and saturation changes
- AVO signature from pressure and saturation change
- EEI signature and impact of changes in pressure and saturation
- Time-lapse QC and data conditioning
- Seismic health checks / data QC
- Repeatability measures
- Application of conditioning workflows to enhance signal
- Matching filters
- Gather analysis and generation
- 4D interpretation and QI
- Generation of 4D attributes (including amplitude differences, intercept/gradient differences, fluid/pressure angles from EEI)
- Layer-based and horizon-based attributes, and display on horizons
- Time-shift and time-strain attributes using time shifts derived externally or derived for single horizon
- How is 4D used? Tying observed changes to injector/producer history (including fault seal, well placement, etc. and the case history “story”)
Exploration and production geoscientists, seismic interpreters, QI geophysicists.
- Advantages of the unique multidimensional data management
- Advances in handling 4D seismic data and seismic vintages
- Extended response modelling of 4D seismic data
- 4D time lapse QC and data conditioning
- 4D interpretation and attribute generation
We recommend that users with no or limited experience in Sharp Reflections Big Data complete the Getting Started and Prestack Seismic Data Analysis courses.
General knowledge of geophysics, seismic interpretation and rock physics is recommended.
You will be connecting to the Sharp Reflections cloud. You will need:
- Up-to-date browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
- Stable internet connection (>15MBit/s)
- Microsoft Teams videoconference
- Dates and times to be posted May 2023.
Course fee: EUR 1600 / USD 1700
If you are interested in this course please contact us to enquire about this class.
Back to Training overview.